About Me

My photo
I'm Ummu Noora,a.k.a Angeliquez, a stay at home wife to one really amazing man, momma to Noora,The Angelittle. I wife,cook,bake,craft and love ruffles,the color pink and creativity in it's various forms, not necessarily in the order.This is where I'm writing what I'm upto while I'm trying to ignore my laundry. welcome,to my corner of the universe.

sewing & other crafty blogs

Powered by Blogger.

A little lot about me

My photo
I'm Ummu Noora,a.k.a Angeliquez, a stay at home wife to one really amazing man, momma to Noora,The Angelittle. I wife,cook,bake,craft and love ruffles,the color pink and creativity in it's various forms, not necessarily in the order.This is where I'm writing what I'm upto while I'm trying to ignore my laundry. welcome,to my corner of the universe.

I love these people!

Monday, April 27, 2009

spicy barbecue tuna



Here's what i conjured up for lunch.

Spicy barbecue tuna

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups chopped tuna
  • 1 big onion diced
  • 5 cloves garlic
  • 3 tomatoes cut into wedges
  • 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
  • 3 tbsp tomato paste
  • 3 tbsp dark soya bean sauce
  • a few curry leaves(i used dried,fresh would always be better of course)
  • 3 tbsp heaped red chili pepper flakes
  • 2 tbsp heaped chili powder
  • 1 heaped tsp grated ginger
  • 1 tsp ajinomoto(MSG)
  • sunflower oil(enough for sauteing the onions.)
  • Salt to taste
How to:
  • Heat oil and saute onion in it till semi translucent.
  • Add garlic and saute till soft,then add ginger.
  • Add chili flakes,chili powder and tomato paste.cook on low heat continuously stirring.add more oil if it tends to get dry.
  • Add tuna.Mix in well with the spices.
  • Add salt and Ajinomoto(MSG).
  • Blend in barbecue sauce and soya sauce.
  • Put in the tomato wedges and cook just until tender.Mix well.
  • Turn off heat.
  • Serve with rice or noodles.

I haven't tried yet,but i guess you can use chicken or beef instead of tuna too.

I served with it a somewhat Japanese style fruit salad.
  • 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
  • 1/2 cup chopped orange
  • 1/2 cup chopped apples
  • 2 tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1 tbsp juice of a lemon
How to:
  • Sprinkle lemon juice over the apples in a bowl,mix to coat well.
  • Add all other fruits,and mayonnaise and mix to coat.
  • chill until ready to serve.

you should try this sometime.
My hubby loved this.
I did too.:-)

xoxo,
Angeliquez


No comments:

Post a Comment