Here's what i conjured up for lunch.
Spicy barbecue tuna
- 2 cups chopped tuna
- 1 big onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp dark soya bean sauce
- a few curry leaves(i used dried,fresh would always be better of course)
- 3 tbsp heaped red chili pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp heaped chili powder
- 1 heaped tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp ajinomoto(MSG)
- sunflower oil(enough for sauteing the onions.)
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil and saute onion in it till semi translucent.
- Add garlic and saute till soft,then add ginger.
- Add chili flakes,chili powder and tomato paste.cook on low heat continuously stirring.add more oil if it tends to get dry.
- Add tuna.Mix in well with the spices.
- Add salt and Ajinomoto(MSG).
- Blend in barbecue sauce and soya sauce.
- Put in the tomato wedges and cook just until tender.Mix well.
- Turn off heat.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
I haven't tried yet,but i guess you can use chicken or beef instead of tuna too.
I served with it a somewhat Japanese style fruit salad.
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped orange
- 1/2 cup chopped apples
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp juice of a lemon
- Sprinkle lemon juice over the apples in a bowl,mix to coat well.
- Add all other fruits,and mayonnaise and mix to coat.
- chill until ready to serve.
you should try this sometime.
My hubby loved this.
I did too.:-)