About Me

My photo
I'm Ummu Noora,a.k.a Angeliquez, a stay at home wife to one really amazing man, momma to Noora,The Angelittle. I wife,cook,bake,craft and love ruffles,the color pink and creativity in it's various forms, not necessarily in the order.This is where I'm writing what I'm upto while I'm trying to ignore my laundry. welcome,to my corner of the universe.

sewing & other crafty blogs

Powered by Blogger.

A little lot about me

My photo
I'm Ummu Noora,a.k.a Angeliquez, a stay at home wife to one really amazing man, momma to Noora,The Angelittle. I wife,cook,bake,craft and love ruffles,the color pink and creativity in it's various forms, not necessarily in the order.This is where I'm writing what I'm upto while I'm trying to ignore my laundry. welcome,to my corner of the universe.

I love these people!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

ruffled skirt dress




i had trouble with this one.i didn't want there to be seams on the side of the ruffle skirt,and believe me it wasn't easy.the top was a pattern drafted on my own.i think i have more thinking to do on the continuous ruffle all around.i haven't quite figured it out yet.do you get what i'm talking about?,do you?the front and the back of the skirt if they were separate and were joined later to complete the skirt,the sides of the skirt where the both sides are joined,there,the ruffle would be sewed down into the seam.i wanted to make it in a way that the skirt would be like an A line skirt,you know,wider at the bottom,and with no ruffles sewn into the side seams.
i did it sort of,but i had quite some trouble which i had to mend after it was complete.if you peeked under the ruffles,you would see the painstaking work i had done.Good thing you see no evidence of unprofessional-ism from the outside.:0)

the bodice is lined with some linen.(Oh don't you just love linen?)It gives body and colour to the otherwise flat thin cotton that i had used for the dress.because of the lininf,no top stitching was done on the outside of the arm holes or the neckline,which gives it a pro look.
plus,i hid the seams from the inside too,so that my baby would not feel any seams poking her from the inside.

Its buttoned from the back and a tie for a better fit,as it was a bit too wide for Angelittle around the waist.i love how how the button placket is of the linen fabric that i used for lining!

And then just because i have to make and put a flower on everything that i make,i made a rolled rose and sewed it on.and also hot glued it some more to ensure that it would not unravel.i might have got carried away and over done it there. :-)

i love the result.

Tell me what you think too!

Oh and if there's any ''i wonder what how whys'' going on about any of the not too easy to understand language that i just used,let me know.i would be happy to confuse you a bit more.ahem,try to clear it up for ya i meant. ;o)

And im partying over here today!

tweeeeeeedles!

No comments:

Post a Comment