About Me

My photo
I'm Ummu Noora,a.k.a Angeliquez, a stay at home wife to one really amazing man, momma to Noora,The Angelittle. I wife,cook,bake,craft and love ruffles,the color pink and creativity in it's various forms, not necessarily in the order.This is where I'm writing what I'm upto while I'm trying to ignore my laundry. welcome,to my corner of the universe.

sewing & other crafty blogs

Powered by Blogger.

A little lot about me

My photo
I'm Ummu Noora,a.k.a Angeliquez, a stay at home wife to one really amazing man, momma to Noora,The Angelittle. I wife,cook,bake,craft and love ruffles,the color pink and creativity in it's various forms, not necessarily in the order.This is where I'm writing what I'm upto while I'm trying to ignore my laundry. welcome,to my corner of the universe.

I love these people!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Healthier banana bread

I like bananas.I especially like them when they are over ripe.so when i get a bunch of bananas,i let them sit around till they get sick of sitting on my counter and decide to join forces with the garbage bin.Almost.that's when i want to eat them,except that i can't eat all of them before they give up on me and just go bad.So to use them up,i make banana bread.See,it's totally out of necessity. ;-)

OK,I actually do that just so that i can make banana bread.


I had this perfect recipe which turns out great every time.well,it was perfect except for the part where it uses butter and i love the flavor yes,but it just does not feel right.(seeing as i have a dozen kilo's to loose.)

until today,I've been scared to tweak my recipe because my changes might not turn out well and ruin my oh so loved banana bread.I can't,not don't,can't usually follow a recipe too well without making my own playing with it.But i have a phobia of changing,tweaking or compromising when it comes to baking.you know,like breads and cakes.i follow my usual baking recipes exactly to the last letter.if you know me,you would know how strange that is for me.)But today i just went ahead and did it anyway.
And you know what,it turned out just as awesome as my old recipe,if not more.:-)

oh yes you need this recipe.

Healthier banana bread recipe

3/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 cup mashed bananas(like 3 bananas,i had very small ones so used 7)
3/4 cups oil

2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt
A handful of nuts or dried fruit,i like raisins in mine(optional)


1.preheat oven to 180'C. (350'F)

2.in a large bowl,mix oil,sugar and eggs.mix in the mashed bananas.

3.in another bowl,sift flour,mix with with it the baking powder,baking soda and the salt.

4.add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix just until combined.Oh and add vanilla before you forget it.don't over do it!You should have a thick and just oh so beautiful looking batter.

5.pour into greased loaf pan and bake for an hour or until a knife put into it comes out clean.

6.enjoy it warm..or cold!

***I thought i might as well add some cocoa while i was feeling brave and playing tweakerdoo.which i did.
i did not measure,i just added cocoa until i was happy with the chocolate color of the batter.
And it turned out really,really good.it tastes heavenly with chocolate ice cream.
ehem,i'm just saying.



Now go make some banana bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment