About Me

My photo
I'm Ummu Noora,a.k.a Angeliquez, a stay at home wife to one really amazing man, momma to Noora,The Angelittle. I wife,cook,bake,craft and love ruffles,the color pink and creativity in it's various forms, not necessarily in the order.This is where I'm writing what I'm upto while I'm trying to ignore my laundry. welcome,to my corner of the universe.

sewing & other crafty blogs

Powered by Blogger.

A little lot about me

My photo
I'm Ummu Noora,a.k.a Angeliquez, a stay at home wife to one really amazing man, momma to Noora,The Angelittle. I wife,cook,bake,craft and love ruffles,the color pink and creativity in it's various forms, not necessarily in the order.This is where I'm writing what I'm upto while I'm trying to ignore my laundry. welcome,to my corner of the universe.

I love these people!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Coconut Raisin Oatmeal Cookies

I love coconut using coconut in baking.It doesnt hurt that it is one of the very few things that are grown locally. ;)
These cookies are absolutely the best there is.They are chewy,the coconut gives a lovely texture,it smells heavenly so all in all,this is my favorite cookie recipe.My picky little girl agrees.So does the hubby.
It tastes way better and is cheaper to make than the store bought extremely expensive oatmeal cookies. 
I am asked for this recipe all the time,so here it is!

Coconut Raisin Oatmeal Cookies


Coconut Raisin Oatmeal Cookies


Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup white sugar (use only 1/2 cup if you don't like it too sweet.)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 cup rolled oat (quick cooking oats work well too)
  • 1 cup shredded coconut (1/2 cup would work too)
  • 1/2 cup dark raisins (i like them better than the golden ones.)
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil (i have also made with as little as 1/2 cup)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla


here how:

1.preheat oven to 175 degrees C.grease cookie sheets.

2.in a large bowl,stir together al the dry ingredients.
make a well in the center and add oil,eggs and vanilla.mix well with a wooden spoon or your hands.roll into balls and place on cookie sheets,2 inches apart,and flatten slightly.

3.bake for 10 to 12 minutes till light brown and chewy.cool a while and remove and let cool completely.


Store in an air tight container.


  • I use fresh shredded unsweetened coconut.If you are using sweetened,you may want to lessen the amount of sugar.




2 comments:

  1. Slam,
    I like your blog, thanks for writing me a comment so i visit you :)
    following you, come & enjoy with me by following back!
    Lots of Love from Pakistan!

    ReplyDelete